s i first tried these Muffins I immediately knew i would have to make them at home from scratch.
They were hundred times better than the one i bought, as most of the things you make yourself.
½ cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
¾ cup of Plain Yogurt
½ cup of Granulated Sugar
2 Tsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Baking Soda
½ tsp of Salt
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp of Poppy Seeds
1 Envelope of Vanillina or 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Zest of 1 Large Lemon or 2 small lemons
Juice of One Lemon
For the Glaze
1 cup of Powdered Sugar
About 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, vanillina, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds and salt, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine together the butter and sugar, add the eggs, lemon zest and juice.
4) Add the yogurt and make sure it’s combined (don’t be scared if the batter splits at this point).
5) Add the dry ingredients and mix to incorporate and get a creamy mixture but don’t over mix.
6) Divide your batter evenly among the muffin liners and bake the muffins for about 18 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
7) Allow the muffins to cool completely!
For the Glaze:
8) Combine the sugar and lemon juice to get a runny consistency but not too runny and drizzle it on the muffin.
I hope you give them a try and let me know how they turned out!